This training package is designed for consumers, clinicians and supervisors who are new to using the empowerment scale or who would like to learn more about the uses of the scale.
- Trainer's Guide - This guide to using the empowerment training package details the resources included and describes how to put together a training event based on the materials.
- Using the Empowerment Scale in Treatment - The centerpiece of this training is outcomes and their use in treatment. The Outcomes System Quality Improvement Group had a great deal to say about training on outcomes, devoting a chapter of its final report to the topic of training. That chapter is reproduced in a stand-alone form with the hope that trainers will be able to better fit this training into overall training efforts. The training chapter is called Training on Outcomes.
- Empowerment Scale Form - As a way for people to learn about the empowerment scale, a hand-scored empowerment scale version has been included. This is used in the "Using the Empowerment Scale in Treatment" presentation.
- Creative Therapies in Recovery (large file) - To assist with providing this broader framework, a PowerPoint named "Creative Therapies in Recovery has been included. These slides provide an in-depth view of the facets of a recovery-based treatment approach structured in a modular format. The presentation contains many examples of training activities that can be included with the "Using the Empowerment Scale in Treatment" course.
- Medical Necessity - In order to better assure that documentation follows the Medical necessity guidelines, a PowerPoint presentation called "Medical Necessity" has been included in the package.
- Training on Outcomes - The Outcomes System Quality Improvement Group had a great deal to say about training on outcomes, devoting a chapter of its final report to the topic of training. That chapter is reproduced here in a stand-alone form with the hope that trainers will be able to better fit the empowerment training into overall training efforts.