Documentation on the Web Posting of MACSIS Provider File Information
(Updated: May 16, 2005)
This process was initiated at the request of several participating Boards in SFY'1999. The contents of the MACSIS Production Diamond 725 Provider File (JPROFM0.DAT) are extracted via FCONX (an HSD Diamond File Handling Utility). The Diamond 725 Keyword associated with this file is PROVF. The extracted information is then processed via PC-SAS (c) into HTML pages and posted to the PROVF landing page.
The data/information displayed are "as is," that is, this material is simply re-arranged by the SAS (c) programs. Any corrections, changes, updating must be done within the MACSIS database itself. These web pages will (always) be generated from and be a faithful reflection of the records as maintained within the MACSIS database. All requests for change, correction, etc. should be made to Jim Hughes of the Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services (ODADAS).
Currently we update the PROVF web pages on a weekly basis (every weekend). If you have thoughts or comments on that schedule, please e-mail MACSIS Help Desk.
The SAS (c) programs used to arrange and construct these Provider related pages are public domain and are available from the ODMH Office of Information Services upon request.
Data Dictionary of the PROVF information included in these web pages:
- UPI -- Unique Provider Identifier or Provider Number. This is a 12 digit code generated by the MACSIS Project, it has no reality outside the MACSIS effort. One requests a UPI and inclusion within the MACSIS project by completing a MACSIS Provider Request form and submitting same via Jim Hughes of ODADAS.
- Provider Short Name -- A 15 byte nickname or abbreviated Provider Name.
- Long Name 1 and 2 -- Allows for an expanded or full Provider Name
- Address 1 and 2 -- Compete Mailing Address for Administrative Offices
- Contact and Contact's Title -- as Provided on the aforementioned Request Form
- Voice and Fax Phone Numbers
- Vendor Number -- Within the MACSIS Diamond 725 database process, a Provider is defined as an agency or individual providing services. Payment and reimbursement within the Diamond 725 process are made to a "Vendor." Every Provider will be associated with a Vendor Number, for most in fact, the numbers for Provider and Vendor are the same. However when MACSIS was implemented, Boards had the option to request a separate Provider number for each physical (satellite) site and sometimes even for separate service programs even at the same address. As a consequence there can and are a number of UPI which (correctly) share the same Vendor number. Vendor numbers are "unique," that is they represent distinct Administrative concerns, but several Providers may use the same Vendor number. Note: In May, 2001 this field was made a hot-link to Vendor related web pages.
- Reports Status -- MACSIS Administrative staff use this field to keep track of the expected reporting activity from a given UPI.
- MACSIS Last Update Date -- When the information for this UPI was last updated with the MACSIS database.
- Record Created -- When this HTML page was constructed.
This documentation was authored by Jp. Martin of ODMH-OIS in May, 2001. Questions and comments are best addressed to MACSIS Support.
Back to top