Documentation on the Web Posting of MACSIS Vendor File Information
(Last Updated: May 7, 2005)
This process was initiated at the request of several participating Boards in May of 2001. The contents of the MACSIS Production Diamond 725 Vendor File (JVENDRM0.DAT) are extracted via FCONX (an HSD Diamond File Handling Utility). The Diamond 725 Keyword associated with this file is VENDR. The extracted information is then processed via PC-SAS (c) into HTML pages and posted to the PROVF landing page.
The data/information displayed are "as is," that is, this material is simply re-arranged by the SAS (c) programs. Any corrections, changes, updating must be done within the MACSIS database itself. These web pages will (always) be generated from and be a faithful reflection of the records as maintained within the MACSIS database. All requests for change, correction, etc. should be made to Jim Hughes of the Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services (ODADAS).
This data is updated every weekend.
The SAS (c) programs used to arrange and construct these Provider related pages are available from the ODMH Office of Information Services upon request.
Data Dictionary of the VENDR information included in these web pages:
- Vendor Number -- Within the MACSIS project, Vendor is defined (loosely) as the Administrative offices of a "services' Provider." That is, Providers "provide" services and submit claims, etc. Vendors are viewed as the administrative concern for a provider and would be the recipient of reimbursement or payment. Please be clear to understand that the terms Provider and Vendor are specific to the MACSIS Project and its Diamond 725 database. County Boards have requested at least 1 Provider Number and (only) 1 Vendor Number per service provider.
- Vendor Short Name -- A 15 byte nickname or abbreviated Vendor Name.
- Long Name 1 and 2 -- Allows for an expanded or full Vendor Name
- Address 1 and 2 -- Compete Mailing Address for Administrative Offices
- Contact and Contact's Title -- as Provided on the aforementioned Request Form
- Voice Phone Numbers
- Associated Provider Numbers -- As the MACSIS system was implemented, Boards were given the option of assigning Provider numbers to satellite agency locations and sometimes even individual service programs at the same physical location. The entire list of Provider numbers associated with this vendor number are displayed here -- and these items are "hot linked" to Provider descriptive pages.
- MACSIS Last Update Date -- When the information for this UPI was last updated with the MACSIS database.
- Record Created -- When this HTML page was constructed.
This documentation was authored by Jp. Martin of ODMH-OIS in May, 2001. Questions and comments are best addressed to the MACSIS Support.
Back to top