Resources for the family
- A family focused approach to serious mental illness: Empirically supported interventions(2001). Marsh, D.T. Sarasota, FL: Professional Resources Press.
- Children Of Mentally Ill Consumers (COMIC)-Supporting Our Family Kit
Promotes awareness of the children's needs. Acknowledgement and education about mental illness is the top priority. Patenting is challenging, and we empathise with the added challenges that living with mental illness can bring. The Supporting Our Family Kit has been put together with the aim of encouraging discussion of mental illness with your child/children and maintaining the family unit.
- My Travel Tool Kit
- What's in your Travel Kit
- Bringing All Relatives Together
- National Alliance of Mental Illness - National and Local Chapters
NAMI offers an array of peer education and training programs, initiatives and services for individuals, family members, health care providers and the general public. NAMI's education and support programs provide relevant information, valuable insight, and the opportunity to engage in support networks. These programs draw on the lived experience of individuals who have learned to live well with mental illness and have been extensively trained to help others, as well as the expertise of mental health professionals and educators.
- Mental Health America
MHA, the leading advocacy organization addressing the full spectrum of mental and substance use conditions and their effects nationwide, works to inform, advocate and enable access to quality behavioral health services for all Americans.
Back to top